WIMWI Accelerator 2019
We are pleased to announce the WIMWI Accelerator 2019 for IIMA start-ups that are at the POC stage.
It is designed as an intensive solution based experience for POC stage start-ups solving complex problems in Healthcare, Fin-tech, Education, Technology & Sustainable Energy. The programme will help start-ups define problems and get experts to help develop alternative courses of action as they go forward. As part of the same, CIIE plans to do a series of workshops aimed at providing early stage entrepreneurs with tactical solutions, on-demand diagnosis & problem solving.
The accelerator is planned as a non-residential intensive program running over 5 months and culminating in a Demo Day pitch at the CIIE 10th year Anniversary Entrepreneurship Summit at IIMA in October.
The program is supported by The Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India & the Indian Angel Network.
- May 10 Applications open
- May 30 Announcing of cohort
- June 8-10 Initial session and diagnostic panels at IIMA
- June 25- July 30 Intensive start-up clinics in Bangalore / Hyderabad / Delhi / Mumbai as per need (1 day)
- Aug-Sep Start-ups continue work. Offline mentoring.
- October Second intensive session (if needed); Pitch preparation boot camp & Demo day at IIMA (2-3 days)
CIIE has pioneered a new intensive engagement model for accelerators where generic sessions are kept to a minimum. CIIE identifies problem areas of specific startups in the initial diagnostic panels and then reaches out to sector experts for the intensive clinics. Over a day of the intensive clinic, the issues are discussed in detail with the experts, CIIE/ IIMA faculty/ mentors and investors to arrive at an action plan. Past experts in these clinics have included founders, angel investors, and SMEs.
Selected start-ups shall also get access to major tech ecosystems like Google Cloud, AWS etc. with complimentary credits up to USD 20,000.
CIIE will select a maximum of 10 start-ups for the program.
The Accelerator targets High Impact sectors such as Healthcare, Fin-tech, Education, Technology, and Renewable Energy.
- At least one co-founder needs to be from IIMA
- Early stage start-up with a POC. The program is not suitable for start-ups that have raised Series A funding
- Commitment to attend all sessions (maximum 7 days over 5 months)
The demo day is scheduled for the 14th of October as part of the CIIE 10th year Anniversary Entrepreneurship Summit at IIMA. We are anticipating all entrepreneur alums, Indian Angel Network, and other investors to be present for the summit.
May 27, 2018